Cartoonist, painter, illustrator, graphic artist
Born in 5 february 1954.
He graduated from M.B.Hrekov State Art School in Odessa in 1978 / Painting Department / and Kharkiv Art and Industry Institute in 1983 by specialty of graphic artist / graphics faculty/.
Member of the National Union of Artists of Ukraine, Board Member of the Kharkiv National Union of Artists of Ukraine.
Honored Artist of Ukraine.
Winner of international competitions of satire and humor.
After graduating from Kharkiv Art and Industry Institute in 1983 with the graduate work “Series of Political Anti-War Cartoons”, Leonid Storozhuk has been working in the genre of cartoons, satirical graphics, and political cartoons for more than 30 years. He took part in more than 400 international and national competitive exhibitions of cartoon graphics. He won more than 50 awards and diplomas of competitions related to satirical cartoons and graphics. His pictures were published in periodical publications of Kharkiv and Kyiv: “Ukraina”, “Peretz”, “Krokodil”, “Krasnoye Znamya”, “Vechirniy Kharkiv” and others. He worked as a freelance artist in the “Krokodil” magazine, Moscow, (Russia)
Leonid Storozhuk had been working in the Children and Youth Creativity Palace for 27 years, he organized and directed “TELEKOMIKS”, a television animation studio, where young film and video artists were trained. The studio received numerous awards and Grand Prizes of various festivals of children’s creativity over the period of its existence. The TV program for Kharkiv TV channels was created. The “TELEKOMIKS” studio was invited many times to “Artek”, an international children’s camp, where programs for international film festivals of ARTEK were created.
During the period of education, cooperation with the Academy of Design and Arts, Leonid Storozhuk proved himself an active and creative teacher demonstrating high professional skills of pedagogical activity, responsibility and initiative in all its events.
Since 2013, he has been working as Assistant Professor of the faculty of architecture, design and fine art at O.M. Beketov National University of Urban Economy in Kharkiv. Associate Professor of the department of drawing and painting. Director of the TV studio of the university.
– “I am a cartoonist”, 2004, “Academy” gallery, Kharkiv;
– “KNOW YOURSELF”, friendly cartoons. Kharkiv Academy of Design and Arts. Kharkiv. 2005. Academy of Design and Arts;
– “FIRST OF APRIL”. Kharkiv Academy of Design and Arts. Kharkiv. 2006;
– “Political cartoon and caricature”, Kharkiv, 2007, Kharkiv Theatre of Musical Comedy;
– “ONE HUNDRED OF CARTOONS”, 2013, Municipal City Gallery, KharkIv;
– “CREATIVE BORDERS”, 2014 / Cartoon, caricature, painting, graphics, cinema / Kharkiv Organization of National Union of Artists of Ukraine, Kharkiv;
– “Cartoon, caricature, grotesque painting for April Fool’s Day”, 2015, O.M. Beketov National University of Urban Economy in Kharkiv, Kharkiv. The animation workshop managed by Leonid Storozhuk created a variety of educational works of students, from the drawn animation to the modern computer animation.
In July 2008, Leonid Storozhuk as one of Ukrainian plein-artists took part in the creative journey across Chuvashia: “III International Kokelevskyy Plein Air” resulting in a solo exhibition of creative works.
He worked together with Stella-Systems LLC as an artist and designer, illustrator of educational projects in 2009-2013.
In August 2009, Leonid Storozhuk was awarded the honorary title “Honored Artist of Ukraine”.