José Alberto Jerez
José Alberto Jerez, born in 1962 in Bogota, Colombia. 1982-1984 Studied architecture at Universidad De Columbia, Bogota. 1986-1989 Studied drawing at the Instituto Superior de Carrreras Tecnica, Bogota.
1983-1990, cultural worker in various districts of Bogota:
- Co-founder of “Fundación Ensamble”.
- organization of an annual cultural festival in the “zone of 18 workshops” for children and teenagers in drawing and sculpture.
- projects in various schools (wall painting).
- Teaching staff of the District Library “Manuela Beltran” Vesinos de las Granjas de San Pablo 1990 – 1996.
Life in Germany:
- 1996 exhibition of a group of Latin American artists in a casino/Tubingen
- 1996 – 1997 Life in Colombia:
- Exhibition at the National Library of Bogota.
- Exhibition at the Municipal Observatory of Bogota.
- Visiting student in art history at the National University, sculpture and engraving.
- Member of the theater group “Luz de Luna”, Bogota.
- Costume Design Officer at the Instituto Distrital de Cultura
- Artistic advisor, employee of the theater group “Reciclarte”.
- 1998 member of the Association for the Support of Young Artists.
- 1999 exhibition Fördergemeinschaft Junger Kunst eV, at Dr. Peter Billing, Brussels.
- Participation in the art exhibition Hollfelder Kunstausstellung der Hollfelder Kunstfreunde eV in Neckarsulme, German-Latin American Artists Association
- 1999 Member of the initiative for the promotion of art and culture Neckarsulm eV
- Exhibition at Dr. Peter Billing, Brussels.
- Installation of “Faces”.
- Arts and Culture Initiative, Neckarsulm eV.
- Employee of the theater group “Luz de Luna” in Bogota.
- 2000, exhibition in Heilbronn.
- 2001, founding member of Artistas Latinos.
- Association of Latin American Artists in the Stuttgart region.
- Exhibitions at the Contact Böblingen Gallery, the Town Hall, in Stuttgart Ludwigsburg, the Artemis Gerlingen Hotel.
- Until 2003, lives and works in Neckarsulme.
- 2003, Waiblingen.
- 2004 -2009 Heilbronn, Stuttgart, Berlin, Brussels.
- 2010 Berlin, Bernau, Halle, Joachimstal.
Reference: www.alverto.de , 2010