Cartoonist, graphic artist
He was born in Havana on September 16, 1971. It began to be published on February 14, 1988 in the humorous supplement “Aspirina” to the then newspaper “Tribuna de La Habana”. He later published in the comics magazine “Cómicas” and in the magazine “El Muñe”, both of which were published by Pablo Publishing house.
In 1990, he published in the humorous weekly “Palante”, in “Dedeté”, “Bohemia”, etc. with whom he continues to cooperate. He founded another humorous supplement to the Mexican newspaper “Uno más Uno”, which appeared in April 1994. He also published in the magazine “La Pastilla” in Guatemala.
He has a total of 28 national and international exhibitions, 3 solo and the rest collective, such as: Peru, Spain, Mexico, Brazil, USA, Belgium, Korea, Iran, Italy.
He participated in a large number of national and international competitions, receiving various awards and mentions.
- Mention Anglet France, 1992.
- Hall Against Crime Award (USA), 1993.
- 2nd mention First International Political Hall of Havana (Cuba),
- Velocartoon Lithuania Contest Prize, 1994.
- Excellence Award at the 16th Transit 95 contest, Yomiuri Shimbun (Japan), 1995.
- Tourism Award contest Knokke-Heist
- Tehran Biennale Honorable Award (Iran), 1995.
- Mention Yomiuri Shimbun Japan, 1996.
- Bola Indonesia Contest Award, 1996.
- Knokke-Heist Competition Prize (Belgium), 1996.
- Honorable Mention Taejón (Korea), 1996.
- Mention Special contest Varazdin Croatia, 1996.
- AHS X Biennial Special Award (Cuba), 1997.
- Honorable Mention Taejón Korea, 1998.
- Taiwan Excellence Award, 1999.
- Mention Torino Italy, 2000.
- 2nd prize Skopje (Macedonia), 2000.
- Taiwan Special Merit Award, 2000.
- Knokke-Heist Belgium Grand Prix, 2001.
- Special mention Tolentino (Italy), 2001.
- Daejeon (Korea) Silver Award, 2003.
- Honorable Mention Daejeon (Korea), 2003.
- Honorable Mention Daejeon (Korea), 2004.
- Scrikss Nasreddin Hodja Turkey Special Award, 2005.
- Nasreddin Khoja Special Award in Turkey, 2005.
Reference: ecured.cu, 2020