He was born on January 3, 1952 in the Orenburg region.
He graduated from the Ufa Aviation Institute in 1974 with a degree in Electrical Machines and Apparatus.
According to the distribution of the military department, after graduating from the institute, Lieutenant-engineer Chegodaev GS sent for military service in the Chelyabinsk Higher Military Aviation Red Banner Navigators School (ChVVAKUSH).
After two years of service he used the right to return to his civilian specialty and then worked in various design and project organizations.
In 1987 he graduated from the special faculty for the retraining of personnel in the new areas of science and technology at the Chelyabinsk Polytechnic Institute, specializing in microprocessor systems.
Since 1992, he has been working at the Design Bureau of the Chelyabinsk Electrometallurgical Combine (CHEMK).
The first caricature in periodicals appeared on the pages of the newspaper “Evening Chelyabinsk” in 1978.
Posted over a thousand cartoons in various newspapers and magazines in Russia ( “Komsomolskaya Pravda”, “Crocodile”, “Wheel of laughter”, “Soviet Russia”, “Chelyabinsk worker” and others.).
Collaborated (1996 – 2004) with the press agency Cartoon Archiv (Germany, Switzerland).
Two personal exhibitions of a cartoon and a poster in Novosibirsk (Academic Town, 1983) and Chelyabinsk (1985).
The participant of many international competitions and exhibitions of caricatures, on which more than two dozen works are awarded with prizes and awards, among which:
– two gold and one silver medals of the “National and International Cartoon Contest” in Coffs Harbor (Australia), 1997, 1998, 2004;
– Special Prize (Premie STRAORDINARIO) “ХIХ International Biennale of Humor in Art” in Tolentino (Italy), 1997;
– the second prize of the “III International Cartoon Contest” in Tehran (Iran), 1997;
– the second prize of the “X International Cartoon Contest” in Olen (Belgium), 1998;
– the fourth prize of the “International Exhibition of Cartoons and Comics” in Hokkaido (Japan), 1998;
– an incentive prize of the “II International Caricature Festival” in Rendon (Colombia), 2002;
– special prize of the “VIII International Cartoon Contest” in Sokobanya (Serbia), 2006.
Reference: BEC (the Big Encyclopedia of Caricature), 2015